The inflow of medical tourists to Asiatic countries has been growing tremendously with each passing year. The governments in these countries have made certain provisions in Visa to promote medical tourism. Read on to get information on Visa requirements in various Asiatic countries.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months
- Visa fee
- Two passport size photographs
- Supporting documents, where necessary
- Duly completed application form
One can obtain medical visa to India with the following conditions:
- The Indian Missions/Posts abroad may scrutinize the medical documents very carefully and satisfy themselves about the bonafide purpose for which medical treatment Visa is being requested.
- Mission may satisfy that the applicant has sought preliminary medical advice from his country of origin/country of residence and he has been advised to go for specialized medical treatment. In case the foreign national desires to go for treatment under the Indian system of Medicines, his case may also be considered.
- This type of Visa should be granted for seeking medical attendance only in reputed / recognized specialized hospitals/ treatment centers in the country. Although non exhaustive, following illustrative list of ailments would be of primary consideration; serious ailments like neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantations; plastic surgery; joint replacement etc. The basic idea would be that the mission may satisfy about the need of the foreign national to come to India for medical treatment/ health enhancements.
Validity of Visa and extension of Visa
A patient with medical Visa is allowed to stay in India for a period of one year or the period of treatment whichever less. The stay can be further extended for a period up to one year by the State Government /FRRO on production of a medical certificate from a reputed hospital or doctor in the country. Any further extension will be granted by the Ministry of Home Affairs only on the recommendations of the State Government/ FRROs supported by appropriate Medical documents. Such visa will be valid for maximum three entries during one year.
Foreigners coming to India with a Medical Visa are required to register themselves with the concerned FRROs/FROs well within 14 days of arrival.
A Maximum of two family members can accompany the patient with “MX Visa”. They too are required to register themselves with the FRROs/FROs within 14 days of arrival.
All foreign nationals including China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka can avail “Medical Visa”. However, Registration formalities for Pakistani and Bangladeshi nationals will be as per the provisions contained in para 106 in respect of Bangladeshi national and para 118 of the visa manual in respect of Pakistani nationals. Similarly entry and departure of these foreign nationals will also be governed as per the existing policy in respect o these nationals.
- Submit your valid passport.
- Submit 2 Passport –type photographs.
- Completed Cover Page and Credit Card Authorization forms.
- Copy of round trip airline tickets or paid itinerary, or letter of confirmation from travel agent
- A copy of recent bank statement or evidence of adequate finance ($500 per person and $1,000 per family)
Visa requirements for people seeking entry into Thailand for medical purposes are as follows:
- Applicants seeking medical attention in Thailand must provide a confirmation from a registered medical establishment in Thailand saying that they will be visiting the medical establishment for the purpose of undergoing medical treatment. This is mandatory while submitting the Visa application.
- You cannot enter Thailand for medical reasons under” Visa exemption rule”. The Visa must be obtained before leaving your homeland. However, it is not a problem to stay in Thailand as a tourist after treatment, provided the validity on the Visa still remains.
- For a stay of up to 60 days- apply for a tourist Visa Category “MT” Single Entry.
- For a stay of up to 90 days- apply for a non-immigrant Visa Category “O” Single Entry.
- For a stay of more than 90 days- apply for a non-immigrant Visa Category “O” Multiple Entry.
Most Western tourists do not need a visa to enter Singapore. For British and Irish passport holders the maximum length of stay is 30 days while for other nationals the maximum length of stay is 14 days.
- Duly filled and signed Visa application form.
- Photograph (35mm × 45mm) with white background.
- Confirm return/onward Air ticket.
- Valid passport for at least 6 months beyond date of stay in Singapore.
- For first time visitors, endorsement of USD600 is a must on passport or a copy of international credit card.
You can get your Visa through an agent nominated by the Embassy of Singapore i.e. VFS or TT services.
- International Passport valid for at least 6 months.
- Two passport-size photos.
- Two completed and signed application forms
- Proof of sufficient funds (including original and photocopy of most recent bank statement).
- Onward or return ticket or travel itinerary from travel agent.
- Compulsory yellow fever vaccination certificate for all visitors coming from infected areas as listed by World Health Organisation.
- Letter of introduction (and copy) from employer, college or university.
- Visitors from Western countries do not need a visa to enter Malaysia if the period of stay is less than 1 month and the purpose of visit is business or social.
Visas are required by all except the following:
- Nationals of EU countries for stays of up to 3 months (except nationals of Ireland for stays of up to 2 months and Greece and Portugal for stays of up to 1 month)
- Nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa are allowed a stay for up to 3 months. Nationals of Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Bahrain, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Egypt, Hungary, Iceland, Japan, Jordan, Korea (Rep), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Morocco, Norway, Oman, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, USA and Yemen for stays of up to 3 months.
Browse through this URL to locate the Malaysian embassy in your country